implement marketing initiatives to achieve occupancy goals
manage and control advertising budgets
advertise and fill vacancies
obtain referrals from existing tenants
process applications and follow up with applicants
promote and show properties to prospective tenants
interview, qualify and place tenants
maintain updated availability reports
keep rental at optimum capacity
maintain in-depth knowledge of market conditions
negotiate, prepare and enforce leases
complete all required paperwork for new tenants
collect security deposits
ensure the premises is ready for new occupants
maintain all statutory required records
ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations
enforce terms of rental agreements
Education and Experience
degree may be preferred
understanding of financial and accounting principals
understanding of marketing and customer service principles
working knowledge of marketing and sales activities
working knowledge of budgets and financial statements
working knowledge of contracts and agreements
working knowledge of building and grounds maintenance
computer proficiency including MS Office and property management software
knowledge of relevant local, state and federal legislation and regulations
Real Estate License required in some states
BOMA industry-standard designations may be required
Leasing Agent/ Recruiter
• Immediately record all telephone and in-person visits on appropriate reports.
• Files own guest cards and maintain according to established procedures.
• Inspect models and available “market ready”, communicate related service needs to Property Manager.
• Demonstrate community and apartment/model and apply product knowledge to clients’ needs by communicating the features and benefits; close the sale.
• Have prospect complete application and secure deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair
• Update availability report, process applications for approvals. (i.e., credit check, rental history, etc.) Submit processed applications to the Community Manager for approval. Follow up with applicant regarding status.
• Ensure apartment is ready for resident to move-in on agreed date.
• Immediately follow-up on prospects that did not close and attempt to close sale again. If unable to help prospect, refer them to sister communities to meet prospect’s needs.
• Secure new resident’s signature(s) on appropriate paperwork prior to move-in. Orient new residents to community.
• Assist in monitoring renewals. Distribute and follow-up on renewal notices.
• Monitor advertising effectiveness. Gather information about market competition in the area and file.
• Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times.
• Type lease and complete appropriate paperwork and input information on system accurately and on a timely basis.
• Review with the Community Manager prior to obtaining signatures.
• Maintain current resident files.
• Maintain and record daily inspections for the community.
• Distribute all company or community-issued notices.
• Maintain accurate monthly commission records on leases and renewals for bonus purposes.
• Consistently implement policies of the community.
Lead Maintenance/ Assistant Maintenance
****Lead maintenance technicians have the role of keeping the property at their designated area of operation in good condition and ensuring a secured and appealing living condition for all staff, visitors and residents.
Give support to supervisors with regards to accomplishing tasks while referring uncommon personnel or technical issues to the supervisor.
Offer suggestions for performance evaluation; oversee the duties of designated crew members.
Carry out diverse skilled activities involving the repair and maintenance of equipment and facilities; designate and monitor the work of personnel in order to achieve the completion of diverse tasks in relation to building and construction.
Fabricate, construct, and repair district appliances and facilities, such as metal and wood structures, furniture, and equipment facilities.
Arrange exterior parts for varnishing and painting, and apply surface cover ups as necessary.
Carry out diverse heating, plumbing, and refrigeration related tasks.
Assemble, cut, thread, and lay pipes while also offering assistance in the repair, installation, maintenance, and purchase of various heating, plumbing, and air-conditioning fixtures.
Carry out metal and welding; perform diagnosis and repairs on electronic ignition systems for furnaces and heaters, as well as for hot water heaters.
Guarantee adherence to safety practices and principles, and to the relevant Federal, State, and Local codes.
Work with diverse machines and equipment, such as hand and power tools, and drill presses saws in carrying out maintenance and repair tasks.
Ensure the maintenance of equipment and tools in a clean, secure, and appropriate working condition.
Engage in thorough troubleshooting to replace or repair fans and motors, bells, clocks and lightening circuits, as well as audio visual and communication equipment.
Engage in diverse skill activities such as repairs of roof, doors, windows and other building components.
Make an estimate of cost of labor and items needed for work orders; acquires competitive prices for supplies and equipment required by the district.
Essential Job Functions:
• Fair Housing Certification, willingness to obtain prior to interacting with prospective residents.
• Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to community team.
• Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
• Operate telephone, personal computer/keyboard, Microsoft Office including Word and MS Outlook, community software
• Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
• Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
• Two (2) years’ experience in previous relevant customer service.
• Neat, clean, professional always throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
• Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the employee handbook.
• Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.
Make Ready Technician
Complete work and repair orders in a timely fashion
Estimate time and extent of repairs
Perform routine preventive maintenance
Maintain grounds and keep appearance of property up to par
Previous experience in maintenance or other related fields
Ability to with stand working outdoors and indoors
Familiarity with maintenance tools and equipment
Ability to handle physical workload
Deadline and detail-oriented
Perform a variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, dusting and polishing
Ensure all apartments are cared for and inspected according to standards
Protect equipment and make sure there are no inadequacies
Notify superiors on any damages, deficits and disturbances
Deal with reasonable complaints/requests with professionalism and patience
Check stocking levels of all consumables and replace when appropriate
Adhere strictly to rules regarding health and safety and be aware of any company-related practices
Proven experience as a cleaner or housekeeper
Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
Customer-oriented and friendly
Prioritization and time management skills
Working quickly without compromising quality
Knowledge of English language
Provide upkeep of grounds, amenities, building exteriors and leasing office, parking lots and other community buildings.
Remove trash from office areas and apartment community perimeter on a daily basis.
Assist in the preparation of market ready units, including remove trash from vacant apartments (trash outs) prior to make-ready.
Assist Maintenance Supervisor/Property Manager and/or perform assigned maintenance tasks in a timely manner.
Assist in the cleaning of available apartments and or models.
Assist maintenance team with snow removal (If applicable).
Report any maintenance concerns for repairs on available apartments, models, clubhouse, and/or common areas to the Maintenance Supervisor